There are many who have trouble sleeping when it gets humid and hot. Here is some advice that can make the summer sleep easier
- Do not eat too much at night. According to Tranche you should avoid fatty foods and the meals should not be too large. But it is however recommended to increase your intake of fruits, salads and vegetables. One should not eat too close to bedtime.
- Drink plenty of fluids, even if you are not thirsty. Avoid all alcoholic drinks, energy drinks or coffee. Also avoid smoking.
- Protect your home from the sun. Use blinds and close windows and doors when the outside temperature is high. Open windows only when it is cooler outside than inside.
- In the bed is best to use cotton, you can also moisten the sheets with lukewarm water. If you use the pajamas they should be made of cotton. Alternatively you can sleep naked.
- Take a shower before going to bed, but do not use cold or warm water, but lukewarm water.
- Install a fan in the bedroom. If possible facilitate airflow towards a container of ice cubes, so that it becomes cooler. If it has become colder outside you can open blinds and windows.
- Do not work out at night. It is good with sports, but when it’s hot, you should exercised in the morning. He warns generally against intense physical activity that makes you sweat a lot.
- When nothing else works he advises a sensible use of air conditioning. He believes that you should not have A / C turned on during the night but rather cool down the room before going to bed. One should never set the temperature to values below 24 degrees.
Tranche specifically warns against improper use of air conditioning and too low temperatures. It can ruin your whole summer, with sore throat, headache, or even more serious problems.
I can also add that when it comes to the purchase of fans or A / C, it’s smart to arrange it before heatwaves. They are quickly sold out when the heat rises. We were to buy a table fan last week – it took several hours, and we travelled around in three different municipalities. Finally, after much searching, we found a fan in El Corte Ingles in Mijas Costa.