Spain has some public holidays that apply to the entire country, other public holidays which apply only regionally and even local holidays which apply only to some municipalities.
- 1st of January , New Year – Año Nuevo
- 6th of January, Epiphany – Epifania del Señor
- 9th of April, Palm Sunday – Domingo de Ramos
- 13th of April, Maundy Thursday – Jueves Santo (Entire Spain except Catalonia).
- 14th of April, Good Friday – Viernes Santo
- 16th of April, Easter Sunday – Domingo de Resurreccion
- 1st of May, First of May – Fiesta del Trabajo
- 25th of July, Sant James – Santiago
- 15th of August, Assumption Day – Asuncion de la Virgen
- 12th of October, Columbus day – Día de la Hispanidad
- 1st of November, All Saints Day – Todos los Santos
- 6th of December, Spain’s Constitution Day – Día de la Constitución
- 8th of December, Immaculate conception Day – Inmaculada Concepción
- 25th of December, 1st Christmas Day – Día de la Navidad
Regional holidays, a selection (mainly in Andalusia, Murcia and Valencia)
- 28th of February, Andalusia’s Day – Día de Andalucia – Andalusia
- 19th of March, San Jose – Valencia and Murcia
- 17th of April, 2. Easter Sunday – in Valencia, the Balearic Islands, Catalonia, La Rioja and Navarra
- 2nd of May, the day after Labor day off – in Andalusia, Aragonia, Asturias, Canary Islands, Kastilien, Leon, Extremadura and Madrid
- 9th of June, Day of the Murcia Region – Día de la región Murcia – Murcia
- 9th of October, Valencia’s day – Día de la Comunidad Valenciana – Valencia
- 26th of December, Public holiday in some regions – all regions except the Canary Islands, Galicia, Basque Country and La Rioja
In addition there are local holidays in the municipalities. In some cases it may also be a local public holiday only in a particular part of a municipality.
Daylight saving time begins on Sunday 25th of March. Winter time begins on Sunday 28th of October 2017.