Chlorine leaked out in a swimming pool at Hotel Las Palmeras in Fuengirola in the Malaga Province last weekend. It was guests at the hotel who first discovered a yellow liquid at the bottom of the pool as well as a very strong chlorine odor. There was a broken pump that caussed large amounts of chlorine to be released into the pool.
25 people in and around the pool were affected when the incident occurred and five ambulances were sent to the place. 15 of the hotel guests were sent to hospital for further treatment.