Black Friday or Viernes Negro as it is called in Spanish, is the start of Christmas shopping. Most shops and especially the big ones offer great discounts.
It is a tradition that has been adoped from the United States and has grown stronger each year. Traditionally comes on Friday after Thanksgiving Day, which in turn is always the last Thursday in November. Thus Black Friday is on the 27th of November this year. Some stores have expanded sales to cover the entire weekend. It is estimated that the sales in Spain around this date will reach 1.172 million Euro, representing an increase of 10.6% compared with last year.
It is also common that some extra good discounts only last for a an hour or two time during the day. So it is important to prepare if you want to get a good bargain.
There are great discounts, so it may be worth doing the Christmas shopping already. The following list of offers is from Málaga, but most companies exist in all of Spain, so this need not be seen as a regional shopping list – Viernes Negro is available in almost all of Spain.
Examples of deals:
- El Corte Ingles: There are discounts in all sections, both online and in stores, sales last until November 30th.
- Media Markt: One of those who are always on Black Friday. The campaign lasts until 30 November.
- Plaza Mayor (This is a local shopping center in Malaga). All the stores who participate have discounts up to 70% (flat screen TV, music players, tablets, laptops, game consoles, digital cameras, etc.). Moreover attractive gift certificates to local people
- Ikea has published a catalog with discounts from 10% to 90% on all kinds of products.
- La Redoute: French Fashion store, discount fashion for women, children and men, and also on their household products.
- PC Componentes: Offers discounts on its website on all types of electronic equipment.
- Inditex: The shops offer discounts both online and in stores, but only on Friday 27th
- Sony: The online store gives discounts on televisions, tablets and cameras, and some other electronics.
- The Body Shop: 40% discount on all their products, both online and in stores.
- Worten: Discounts of up to 20%, campaign until November 28th.
- Atrapalo: discounts of between 13% and 50% on the regular price.
- VisionLab: There will be a 40% discount on all products and also extra 60% discount for purchases made in the morning.
- Pixmania: It is not yet known what kind of offers they should have this year.
- Toys R Us Discounts up to 50%.
- Destinia: Deals on travel packages, up to 15%.
- Decathlon: Discounts of between 20% and 60%. Moreover, those who make purchases online get free home delivery.
- Carrefour: discounts of between 20 – 30% in electronics, fashion, home, food and travel, 27 to 30 November.
- Amazon: US retail giant has already announced discounts for the United States, but so far the discounts in Spain are unknown. This is one of the most popular stores for Black Friday.