Norsk Svenska English
Costa Blanca, Spania  Costa del Sol, Spania  Gran Canaria, Spania
  Home  |  Education  |  Jobs  |  Living  |  Services  |  Properties  |  Golf  |  Businesses  |  News  |  Events

Moving to Orihuela Costa

When you are moving to Orihuela Costa there are some things that have to be clarified before you get to it. For most people this process starts with a dream about moving to Orihuela Costa, and for some unfortunately it ends only as a dream. Many don’t dare to leave their friends and family behind, and others are looking for a job in Orihuela Costa but don’t find anything suitable.

If you have a job that can be done from home, you can firstly ask your employer if it is okay that you will be working from Orihuela Costa in the nearest future. If not, you either need to be fluent in Spanish to find a job, or apply for a job among the English companies that are located in Orihuela Costa.

Choice of residence

When the job and the economic situation has been clarified and you have decided for how long you are going to stay in Orihuela Costa, it is time to find a place to live. The areas where there are most expats are Orihuela Costa, Orihula and Rojales. In these areas there are also English schools. If you want to socialize with other expats while you live in Orihuela Costa it would be natural to choose one of these areas. Otherwise there are many nice cities neat Orihuela Costa where you won’t meet other Expats at all.

The best time of year to move to Orihuela Costa is in the fall. It is easier to rent an apartment in the fall than in the spring. This is because many home owners make big money on short time rental during the summer months.

Before moving to Orihuela Costa

Before you move to Orihuela Costa you have to be sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months. In addition you have to order the “European Health Insurance Card” at NHS

This card gives you the right to use health services for free all over EU. This card however only gives you access to emergency and acute services in Orihuela Costa. If you need a GP in Orihuela Costa, you have to apply for a ”Seguridad Social” number. There are many so called ”gestores” that work with helping foreigners that don’t speak spanish with applying for “Seguridad Social”, “NIE-number” or “Residencia”.

If you are going to live in Orihuela Costa for less than 6 months you don’t have to notify a change of address from England. If you are going to stay here for more than 6 months, it is wise to wait with notifing a change of address until you have lived in Orihuela Costa for a couple of months. If after 4 months you still are sure that you will continue living here, then you can contact the government in England and notify them about your relocation to Orihuela Costa.

Once you have got yourself a residence in Orihuela Costa you should contact the “Policia Nacional” in the town where you are resident and apply for a “NIE-number” or a “Residencia”. If you are going to live in Orihuela Costa for less than 6 months you should apply for the “NIE-number”, and if you are going to live here longer you should apply for the Residencia. Both applications give you a document with a ID-number that makes your everyday much easier as an English resident in Orihuela Costa. If you are going to work in a Spanish business or in an English business located in Orihuela Costa, it is mandatory to have a NIE-number or a Residencia. If you don’t speak Spanish, then you have to either get someone to help you with this application process, or you can go to a “Gestor” and pay them to do the work.(recommended). Read more about English services in Orihuela Costa here...

You should also get registered in the municipality where you are located. This process is called an Empadronamiento and gives you benefits as a citizen. In addition the municipality will get subsidies from the Government that will cover their expences letting you use facilities like roads, water, beaches, libraries, parks and so on.

Safe removal to Orihuela Costa

Before you plan on moving all your possessions to Orihuela Costa, you will need to have a copy of a deed or lease which states that you are going to live in Orihuela Costa and a working permit, called a “Residencia”. There are many serious removal companies that will do all the paperwork, packing, moving from door-to-door, customs declaration and even storage on the destination if needed.

Good luck with your removal to Orihuela Costa.

Girl on beach in Orihuela Costa

It’s kinda of fun to do the impossible – Walt Disney
Links News Travel Properties Sitemap Privacy policy Advertising Contact us  
Copyright 2008 - 2019 Megafon